Nearly 20 years writing experience in the technology industry.
15+ years as a technical writer.
6+ years as a copywriter and content marketing specialist for technology companies
For the full lowdown, check out my LinkedIn profile here: http://linkedin.com/in/juliaborgini.
- 14+: The number of different Technology companies I’ve written for.
- 30+: The number of software and hardware products I’ve written content & copy for.
- 15+: The number of years I’ve worked as a technical writer for tech companies around the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
- 12+: The number of different industries I’ve written about.
- 15+: The number of years I’ve spent as a webmaster and amateur web designer. Working mainly in WordPress, I have used and modified themes and websites for myself and a small number of clients.
- 1: The number of programming languages I “speak” (HTML) fluently, though I have a working knowledge of others, such as, like Java, PHP, and XML.
- Working as a tennis line umpire at the Rogers Cup and 2015 PanAm & ParaPanAm Games in Toronto.
- Attending the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games as a spectator. I spent over $13,000 in tickets with a couple of friends to go see everything from the gold medal women’s hockey game to a ton of men’s & women’s curling to short track speed skating, cross-country skiing, and men’s hockey.
- I am a long-suffering Detroit Lions fan, having grown up in the Detroit TV station viewing area, though now I’m die-hard Green Bay Packers fan.
- I am a massive fan of the Montreal Canadiens specifically, and the NHL in general. I’ll watch any good hockey game, regardless of who’s playing. (Go Habs Go!)
- I’ve played sports all my life, including basketball, volleyball, tennis, and ultimate frisbee.
- I’ve recently gotten back into running and try to make it out to at least two races per year.
- Food, wine, and craft beer — not necessarily in that order.
- Sci-fi books and movies
- Trivia and Jeopardy!