As tech or digital sports company, people expect you to be able to have all of the latest gadgets and toys. That includes blogs and social media sites. But that’s not always the case, is it? You’d be surprised to see how many don’t have a tech business blog. That’s not to say that these companies are doing something “wrong”, or are unsuccessful, they just don’t have a blog. Simple as that.
Does this mean you survive without one? Sure.
Does it mean you should? Not necessarily.
If you’re ready to take the leap and create a business blog, good for you!
What to write about on your tech business blog
The next step is to figure out what to write about. In fact, this is probably the major reason tech companies don’t have a blog. They don’t think they can think of enough topics to write about from a business perspective. Sure, we can all write a daily blog post about what we had for breakfast, but that’s not really a good topic for a business blog, now is it.
Find your topics
Finding topics for a business blog is actually quite easy. You can:
- FIND OUT what your customers are asking your customer service staff, and answer those questions.
- ASK your sales people about the top 5 items they have to talk about with your prospects.
- WRITE about a major announcement that happens in your industry, and how it affects your company.
- FILM a how-to video post about your software, showing how to use it.
- INTERVIEW your staff to show who is actually working on the products your customers buy.
How often should you blog?
The easiest answer is: regularly.
There is no hard and fast rule on how often you should blog, just that it be done on a regular basis. Start off by posting once a week, to get into the habit of working on the blog. This is especially useful if you don’t have dedicated staff who will be writing the blog. They need to be able to work it into their regular work schedule. If you have dedicated staff, then you can start immediately by posting several times a week. Increase this frequency as much as you are comfortable with.
Keep at it
Now keep doing this cycle on a regular basis, and you’ll have an official business blog with a lot of content in no time.