All information transmitted, printed, or otherwise submitted to spacebarpress.com via this website shall be deemed to be the property of spacebarpress media and spacebarpress media shall be free to use such information for any lawful purposes.
This site contains links to other websites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We automatically collect and/or track the following:
- Web page http headers (home server domain names, IP address, type of client computer, type of Web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device). For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log files that track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Information, user-specific or aggregate, on what pages our visitors access, including any “web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” or other electronic files to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Information knowingly provided by you through online forms, registration forms, surveys, and/or other entries, which may include personal information such as email addresses, personal, financial, or demographic information.
- Email addresses of visitors that communicate with spacebarpress media via email.
The Site has reasonable security measures in place such as Secure Sockets Layer protocols to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use your personal, demographic, and profile data to enhance your experience at our Site, and to enable us to present content we think you might be interested in. We use your contact information to fulfill any contracted work placed with us and to request/receive payment for said services.
Additionally, we use this information to:
- Communicate with you, either directly for contracted work or for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Improve and optimize our site (e.g. by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Information collected by us may be added to our databases and used for future communications regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and/or status of work orders placed with us. By using this Site, you agree that you may be contacted in any manner even if your email address is found on a do not call registry, in-house list or similar registry.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your personal information with third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. Read more about some of the third party sites we use to track you through this Site as we use their services for social media and infrastructure purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Google: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/pop/pop-privacy-policy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
Otherwise your personal information is not shared, sold, rented, or otherwise disclose data to other parties for the purpose of advertising, promotion, or anything else.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting:
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
You can also use programs such as Privacy Badger (https://www.eff.org/privacybadger) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/) to further control the collection of information regarding you online.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
DMCA CLAIM DISCLOSURES
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, better known as the “DMCA”. Should we receive a claim of copyright infringement, we will comply with the safe harbor requirements of the DMCA. Part of that compliance may require the disclosure of your identity if you are either the allegedly infringing party or the party filing the copyright infringement complaint.
YOUR OPT-OUT RIGHTS
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us and/or our partners by not submitting your information. We also allow you to remove your information from our marketing lists. If you remove your information from our marketing lists it will no longer be used by us to send promotional correspondence to you. You can remove your information from our marketing lists by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails we send you, or by sending your request, in writing, via email to: info [@] spacebarpress.com.
As a Canadian-based business, we adhere to all guidelines and requirements as laid out in the Canadian anti-spam legislation (CASL) (https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/internet/anti.htm), which took effect July 1, 2014. For more details, visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (https://www.priv.gc.ca/index_e.asp).
You may receive email from spacebarpress media in the following circumstances:
- Acknowledging receipt of an email you sent to us.
- Requests for additional information to support your communication with us.
- Response to your inquiries regarding the status of your communication with us or work with us.
- Thanking you for your valued business.
- Advertisements for our products, services, changes in services, new product availability, etc.
To stop receiving communication from spacebarpress, simply reply to the email you received, if direct from any employee, or click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of any automated email sent to you. All email sent to you will always include an email address and physical, mailing address where you can send suggestions, complains, and other correspondance.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your personal information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at info [at] spacebarpress.com or at 2100 Bloor St W, Suite 6-335, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 5A5, Canada.